Saying goodbye to summer isn’t always fun, but we’ve got a list of eight unique ways you can send off summer in Whistler with a smile on your face. We may not love saying goodbye to the long summer days, but lucky for us, our shoulder season is a short one and we can dive into snow season soon enough! Before the flakes are flying, lets celebrate what an incredible summer we had with a few of these great activities.
1) Whistler Village Beer Festival: This year marks the 3rd annual Beer Festival here in Whistler! Start off the weekend right on a Wednesday, with a BBQ and beers galore at the Whistler Brewing Company in Function Junction. Complimentary shuttles to the tap house will run through out the evening of September 16th. On Friday the 18th the Master Crafters night will be held at the Westin, tickets are still available. Saturday and Sunday is when the main tasting event will take place. Get your tickets online now and head to the plaza from 1pm-5pm to check out the Whistler Village Beer Festival and send off summer right!
2) Peak 2 Peak: Snag one last ride on the Peak 2 Peak Gondola before it’s closed for the season. Sneak in an alpine day hike or an over night adventure before the chairlifts and gondolas stop running for easy elevation gain.
3) Whistler Farmer’s Market: Time to snag the last of the harvest! The last farmers market will be held on October 11th in the upper village. Stock up on the last of our local goods and get ready for the seasons to start changing!
4) Terry Fox Run: Sneak in one last summer running event and for a great cause on September 20th. The Four Seasons Resort will host the annual Terry Fox Run. Registration begins at 10am with the run starting at 11am and the best part is that this event is friendly for walking, running, biking and dogs on leash are welcome to join in as well.
5) CycloCross: Biking doesn’t end with summer, but watching this hybrid of a bike race is a great way to celebrate an awesome season of biking! The CycloCross encompasses both cross-country biking and mountain bike racing. This two-day event starts and ends in the Creekside Village and is sure to inspire and celebrate a great season of biking for all. (September 26th and 27th)
6) Mudderella: Participate or watch some tough ladies get after it on an 8-11km obstacle course on September 26th. This unique, and you guessed it, muddy course was designed by women for women. Mudderella is a fun way to spend the day on the sidelines cheering or on the course sweating it out.
7) Whistler Longboard Festival: During September 18th – September 20th the base of Blackcomb Mountain will host local and international athletes all of which are competing to determine the World Cup Champions. A grueling 11-corner course is sure to thrill not only the athletes but also spectators a like. Special events, entertainment and beer gardens will be lively in the upper village all weekend long.
8) B.C. Rivers Day Celebration: Edgewater Outdoor Centre will have fun free family events and activities set up on Green Lake. Stop by on September 29th between 11am and 3pm to join in the celebration.
Lets send off summer in Whistler the right way, by embracing the last of the summer sun and play outside!