For many, fall signals the bittersweet end to the action packed summer season. Brisk days, cozy nights and indoor activities become the norm as the season progresses. This holds true for many but not for those in Whistler since autumn is home to some of the best conditions for adventure! The seasonal offerings include mild temperatures, spectacular displays of colour and this little thing the locals like to call hero dirt. What’s the best way to take it all in you ask? Why ATVing course! Get ready for the ride of a lifetime because fall ATVing is going to knock your socks off!
Booking Your Adventure
- Easily book your fall ATV tour with the help of Whistler Reservations.
- Each tour has a difficulty rating and the rating holds true to the level of skill required. Beginner is for those with little experience, intermediate requires familiarity with operating a motorized vehicle and advanced is for those looking for a challenge!
- You can expect to be on a tour for 2-4 hours, depending on which one you select. This also includes travel time to and from the base.
- Information will be provided by Canadian Wilderness Adventures on what time to arrive and where to meet upon booking.
How to Prepare For Your Adventure
Once you arrive at the ATV base, you will be outfitted in all the required gear. This includes a helmet so don’t worry about bringing one! Since fall has a tendency to go hand in hand with mud, you will have access to boots, pants, a jacket, and gloves that will keep you clean and more importantly dry. Keep these additional tips in mind prior to your adventure:
- Wear proper footwear that can get wet and is non-slippery.
- Don’t forget a camera!
- Dress warm to keep out the chilly autumn air.
All of the adventures include a mixture of sightseeing, exploring the wild Whistler backcountry, and adventure. Picking the correct tour that matches your skill set will determine how long you are out for and just how much of the above you will be doing. Regardless, you can expect to rip down trails, splash through mud puddles, cruise through the forest and even visit a historical mine site! The adventures are as follows:
Mountain Explorer ATV Tour – 2 HOURS – Beginners & Families
This adventure takes place on Blackcomb Mountain. Here, participants will enjoy views of the Whistler Valley, play in a terrain park and explore trails before entering the alpine.
Call of The Wild ATV Tour – 3 HOURS – Intermediate
Explore the vast Callaghan Valley which includes spectacular views and an old growth forest.
Wild Wild West ATV Tour – 4 HOURS – Advanced
Challenge your driving skills as you ascend some tough terrain, including the infamous ‘Staircase’.
So what are you waiting for? Get out an experience fall in Whistler on an ATV adventure!