We’re in a very different time right now. One that many of us have not experienced in our life time. People are adjusting to a new way of life of practising social distancing and mastering the art of staying home. Although now is not the time to be visiting Whistler in person, there are still ways you can draw from the mountains to gain inspiration as well as comfort. Here are 20 mountain mantras for our current times.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.
- May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits. – Harley King
- The earth has music for those that listen. -William Shakespeare
- Some see a weed, some see a wish.
- You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you. – John Muir
- Sky above. Earth below. Peace within.
- One day, the mountain that is in front of you will be so far behind you, it will barely be visible from a distance. But the person you become in learning get over it? That will stay with you forever. And that is the point of the mountain. – Brianna West
- Allow nature’s peace to flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. -John Muir
- The fog always lifts.
- Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
- Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better. – Albert Einstein
- Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold long enough, you will find the strength to rise up. -Tyler Knott
- How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains. – John Muir
- How wild it was to let it be. – Cheryl Strayed
- When we honour the earth, we honour ourselves. – L.W. Wilde
- All the trees are loosing their leaves. Not one of them is worried. – Donald Miller
- Great things take time to grow.
- Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.
- Somewhere on your journey, don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.
We’re all in this together. And one thing is for sure, at some point, we will be back to being able to see all the places that are currently waiting for us. Until then, we must stay home, think about others but not see them, and dream about what will certainly come. Stay in touch with us at Whistler Reservations, we will be continuing to inspire those near and far!